Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy 2006 Everyone!

Well, it's hard to believe it, but another year is upon us. I find the older I get, the faster the years go by. I'm not a big believer in New Years resolutions, but every year I just try to better myself as a person so I plan to try doing so again this year.

Last night, we all went to my sister and brother-in-law's house for a New Years Eve celebration. They served as a great dinner which included this awesome filet mignon. I hardly ever eat beef or red meat, but boy, was that a treat!

My sister-in-law and I are both super competitive and about 2 or 3 times a year, we have a friendly little competition which usually includes arm wrestling, pushups, situps, and whatever else we feel like doing. Historically, she usually wins the arm wrestle when we use our right hands, but I usually win with the left hand. We have both been training harder at the gym lately so she was pretty excited to see what would happen this time, as was I. Well, I actually won both arm wrestles this time (yeah!!!) and I know she was surprised because she said she really didn't think I would win. It made me realize again how well my arms are coming along! I also won the pushup contest. She decided to give me a prize which was a tin of soy protein powder (Matt, you will appreciate this one given that I just posted on your site yesterday how I was thinking of getting a protein powder for my smoothies!!). I lost the arm wrestle against my other sister-in-law, though, so I will work harder so that I can beat her too! I know the whole family gets a kick out of our little competitions and the bunch of them were cheering us on!

To top it off, we also played three rounds of Texas hold 'em poker. We do this about once a month and we all put in $10 or $20 each depending on what everyone decides. I had never won before (came in second or third, but never first) and this time I won ALL THREE TIMES!! It must have been my lucky night.

All in all, a great night spent with a great bunch of people. I'm lucky to have my own family who is great as well as my husband's family who is also awesome.

Hope you all had fun too! Happy New Year!

2 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said...

Happy new year! and thank you for stopping by! ;)

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Sounds like you had a great time and great job on winning!

Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home