Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Waiting in Wonder

As I type this, I've got little knots in my stomach because tomorrow, I find out for sure whether or not I will be laid off from my job. Last week, the agency had a conference call to announce that several full time positions will be axed between now and April 1 and that we will be going through a huge transition period. For us clinicians, we found out that the number of full time positions will be cut from 5.75 to 4 but they had not decided at the time exactly who would be cut. The executive assistant called me yesterday to let me know that my appointment with the executive director is tomorrow at 3:00. I just don't know what's going to happen and it's driving me crazy! This would be a really bad time to have to look for a new job since I have a busy upcoming semester in school and since my husband's business is getting off the ground (though if it takes off quickly, we would be O.K. too). I know it's out of my hands, but I can't help but worry at least a little bit.

On a more upbeat note, I did a really great home workout yesterday. Since I have been off of work these last two weeks, I haven't done my lunch hour workouts like before so I've either had to drive out to the nearest gym which is at least 20 minutes away or workout at home. I much prefer to go to the gym since I find it more motivating, but in order to save time yesterday (and in order to get the workout done first thing in the morning) I decided to stay here and use the old weights set my husband has. I am soooooooo NOT a morning person, but I must admit I felt good getting that workout out of the way. And I have that slight muscle ache today as the tell tale sign that I worked hard enough!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said...

oh my - I hope your day goes well for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home