Thursday, January 05, 2006

Phewwwwww!

I'm sure my title says it all, but the news from my meeting with the executive director is good: I still have a job! It was a huge weight off of my shoulders. It's interesting though how bittersweet the whole thing is. I am of course, happy for me, but some of my colleagues who have been laid off are such great people and I'm really going to miss them. In particular, one of my biggest mentors will be leaving and she is someone I have such a huge respect and admiration for. I don't think the agency will be quite the same without her leadership. If I one day end up being as good of a psychologist as her, I will have much to be proud of.

What a draining day! I think I will sleep much better tonight now that I have the news. Not like I was getting full nights of sleep before this whole thing since Emily usually wakes up a couple of times a night looking for her soother!! But at least now I have a better chance....

Thanks to everyone who sent words of encouragement.

6 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Julie! I was worried for you, but I'm thrilled to read that everything is okay. The last thing you'd need is to be layed off of this job, and I know you do really well at it! See you soon!

Christina

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Wonderful news. Congratulations!

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that's one thing not to fret about.

ttfn,
kristin

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger PartTimeMom said...

I'm so glad everything worked out and I hope you DO get some sleep.

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you didn't get laid off!!

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks everyone!

I'm still working on the pull ups Teresa! Can't do one all by myself yet, but I'll get there! It pisses me off that I can't so I just need to learn to use that as extra fuel...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home