Saturday, March 11, 2006

Spring is in the Air!!

It was 10 degrees outside today!! I know, I know, for some of you that's freezing compared to the temps you're getting these days but in my neck of the woods that's warm! I just got back from a walk with Scot and the kids and I couldn't help but feel a little bit of Spring Fever. Got a good little interval workout in too because Kyle wanted to race me several times. I think he's got a bit of his mom's competitive spirit in him! The roads are nice and dry and I'm thinking it may be time to start doing some early morning outdoor runs. I've never been good with getting myself up early in the morning, so it will be a challenge. But really, there would be no better way to start the day by getting energized like that. Added with my lunch time workouts, I would probably see even bigger results than I already have.

Workouts this week were good. Monday was UBWO and treadmill run. Wasn't able to do an unassisted pullup, but I haven't given up. Tuesday was 45 min. interval spin class. Wednesday was LBWO and elliptical. Thursday was supposed to be workout #4, but I ended up working at home that day since we got some lovely freezing rain, so I wasn't able to make it to the gym. Friday was not a formal gym workout, but I ended up doing lots of walking since I went to school. I park off campus, which means I get a good little walk in, plus save some money since a parking pass at the university costs an arm and a leg. Eating was so-so. Not great, but not terrible either. What's interesting though is that since I started increasing the intensity of my cardio a couple of weeks ago, I'm actually feeling a lot slimmer. Clothes are fitting a bit better and the body fat according to the scale is a little lower on most days even though the pounds are not much different. So I know I'm going in the right direction. I'm convinced that if I start those morning jogs it's gonna happen faster. I just need to get the motivation up to start.

So overall, not a terribly exciting week, but at least I'm still keeping on track. Kyle's March Break is this upcoming week, so I'm looking forward to spending a little more time with him on the days I'm not at work.

Later all!

2 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks Matt and T!

Good luck with your early mornings Teresa. We can motivate each other as we go (or at least share in the misery, right?!)

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Answering your question on my blog....http://fitand40.blogspot.com//

Hope things are going well for you.

Lori

 

Post a Comment

<< Home