Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Good First Week

I haven't posted as much as I've wanted to this week since I've been so busy with school stuff. I'm trying to fix up my prospectus so that I can get ready to re-defend this term and that involves mega reading! I don't think I've mentioned it before, but my research is about factors that influence jury decision-making. I love the topic, but man, I'm going bug-eyed from reading academic journal articles!

Overall, I had a great first week towards my new fitness goals. I hit the gym 3 days and had some awesome full-body resistance workouts along with cardio. Man, I love that muscle burn the day after! And I think I'm going to decrease the amount of assistance to 35lbs for pull ups this week. I plan to start squeezing in a fourth and possibly a fifth workout each week but hitting the minimum 3 this past week was better than I had been doing the couple of weeks previously. My eating has been pretty darn good overall too. I had a couple of days where I ate a little something that was not completely clean, but it really was just a "little" something unlike the big somethings I was eating before. And on Wed., I had a business lunch at a restaurant and then a goodbye dinner for a coworker on the same day and I'm proud to say that I ordered a chicken salad at lunch and then salmon and veggies at dinner whereas in the past I would have caved and order pasta (mmm.... fettucini alfredo!!!) and possibly dessert. I rewarded myself the next day and bought a couple of new tops and a pair of pants (size 5 I might add!). I'm just feeling really good and it looks like I've already dropped about a pound and 1% body fat in just one week!

Well, I'm off to read your blogs, make lunches for me and for Kyle tomorrow and then maybe, just maybe get some sleep. We're supposed to get some freezing rain tonight and tomorrow so what a fun frickin' ride it's gonna be tomorrow!

Later all!

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

WOW! Size 5!
You go girl!
Keep it up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home