Monday, January 16, 2006

Getting Back on Track

As I promised myself, I renewed my membership at the gym near work today. This time, I decided to book a session with a personal trainer to get my body fat tested which I didn't do last time. I have one of those scales here at home that measures body fat but who knows how accurate that thing is. Not too accurate, I hope, because I don't like the numbers I see! That session with the trainer is booked for next Monday, so we'll see what happens.

I had an awesome workout which felt so good! I went back to one of my old routines where I do full body and try to go heavy for 1-2 sets. Here's what I did:

Leg Curl: 50lbs (1 set, 12 reps)
Leg Press: 90 lbs (1 set, 10 reps)
Roman Chair lifts: 12 straight leg, 12 knees to chest)
Lat Pull Downs: 90lbs (1 set, 12 reps)
Smith Squats: 70lbs (2 sets, 12 reps)
Chest Press: 60lbs (1 set, 12 reps)
Bent Over Rows: 30lbs (1 set per arm, 12 reps)
Chest Fly: 50lbs (1 set, 12 reps)
Dumbbell Curls: 30lbs (2 sets, 12 reps)
Skullcrushers: 20lbs (2 sets, 12 reps)
Shoulder Raises: 24lbs (1 set, 12 reps)
Assisted Pull-Ups: 60lbs assistance (1 set, 12 reps), 55lbs assistance (1 set, 12 reps)

I followed this up with 20 minutes of elliptical working between 150-160 BPM. Nutrition was good for most of the day, but I got stuck in a 2-hour meeting at work that went longer than I expected and when it was done, I left to pick up my daughter and I was sooo hungry by the time I got home that I ate a little mac and cheese since my husband had that made for my son's supper. Not great, but I mixed in half a can of tuna, so at least that should help to neutralize the quick serge in blood sugar that the pasta caused.

I also picked up the Oxygen Fat Loss special so now I know all of the details for the cover girl contest. I have to say, I'm psyched! I'm gonna take my before pics tonight and give this thing all that I've got. Even if I don't win, I'll be a healthier and more ripped version of myself!

1 Comments:

At 5:42 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks Matt! I will definitely incorporate your suggestions into my workout. It's tough trying to get everything into one hour which is why I often end up doing the exercises in different orders depending on machine availability.

And hey Teresa, of course I don't mind if you enter the contest. In fact, I think you should! Even if we don't win, we would be doing ourselves a huge favour just by trying. Besides, they will also be publishing some honourable mentions in a different issue. Plus, it would be fun to have someone to compare notes with along the way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home