Friday, February 03, 2006

I Feel Like I've Walked a Thousand Miles...

....and I didn't even need to step foot into the gym! I've been running around like a mad woman cleaning up the house today because we are having two parties for Kyle's 5th birthday this weekend. I swear, cleaning the house is almost as good as a run on the treadmill. I'm exhausted and I'm still not even done!

Tomorrow, we will be having 10 (yes, that's right, I said TEN) four year olds over. That will be the party with his school friends. I'm so excited because this is Kyle's first friend birthday party given it's his first year of school. It will be busy but fun! I have fond memories of my birthday parties as a kid and I hope Kyle will have memories like that too.

Then, on Sunday, both of our families and some close friends are coming over for the "family" party. That's gonna be about 35 people not including us! I know, I know, you think I've lost my mind having back to back parties, right? Well, I'd rather have them both in the same weekend and then relax (if there is such a thing) next weekend. Plus, we will be celebrating my 30th birthday next weekend. My actual b-day is Feb. 6 and Kyle's is Feb. 7. That means I was in labour with Kyle on my 25th b-day, so that's a b-day I'll certainly never forget!!

I can't believe I'm nearing the end of my 20's. Where does the time go?! But I'm not at all depressed about the big 3-0 because I'm proud of what I have accomplished in my life so far and I believe things will get even better. Plus, they say your 30's and 40's are some of the best years of your life because by then, you pretty much know who you are and are comfortable with yourself which I feel I am in most ways. so 30's, here I come!

I'm still on track with the workouts and with eating pretty well this week. One of my coworkers told me yesterday that she can really see some differences and it hasn't even been 2 weeks since I started giving it all I have. She says she thinks I'm looking more buff (Wahoo!) and that I'm leaning out in the face and waist. As I promised myself, I took off more weight on the pull up machine this week. I am now doing my pullups with 40lbs of assistance instead of 45lbs like I was doing last week. I tried 35lbs, but that was still a little too tough (or maybe it's because that day I had just finished a lot of other arm and chest exercises). Anyways, I'm getting closer and closer as the weeks go on.

Ok, now that I've had a mini break, it's time to go bake a cake, clean the washrooms, vacuum, fold the clean clothes, mop the floor, and.... AARRGGHH!! SOMEONE STOP THE INSANITY.... or send a maid.... that would help too!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home