Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My Sweet Little 5-Year Old

Today is Kyle's birthday and I can't believe he is already 5!! I'm so proud of the little boy he is and of how fast he is learning and growing in every way. This past weekend was busy with his parties. Having all those 4-year olds running around the house on Saturday was exhausting. I really needed to have eyes in the back of my head. After they left I was so pooped I had a nap on the couch! The family celebration on Sunday was great too. Here's a picture of Kyle with his cake (made by his grammy Joanne):


Here's a family shot of us after Kyle opened all of his presents. He got LOTS of Sponge Bob stuff: clothes, games, even sheets for his bed. Most importantly, though, everyone who loves and cares about him came to spend time with him and help him celebrate.


Then yesterday, we celebrated my 30th b-day. I had a great day overall. I arrived at work in the morning and the heat wasn't working, but that was the only downfall of the day. One of my friends at work took me out for lunch (a wrap with chicken and veggies but no sauce, and salad instead of fries-hey, I knew I would have some cake later, so I was at least going to be good for the rest of the day!) and she got me a really awesome pair of pants and after I tried them on she said they nicely show off the hard work I've been doing-yeah!! Then, Scot and the kids took me out for supper at a restaurant we like to go to together (roasted chicken and potatoes with salad, NOT creamy pasta) and then came home for cake which I thoroughly enjoyed. Here's a pic of me and the kids right before cake time:



Scot said I will get my gift this weekend when we celebrate with the families and the only hint he gave me is that it's related to the gym. Could it be personal training sessions???!!! I can't wait to find out.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Awesome pictures!
You have a beautiful family!
Congrats to the 5 Year Old!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home