Saturday, March 25, 2006

Chocolate Enemy #1: Cadbury Easter Cream Egg

Why are these damned things so good? Maybe it's the association with those cute bunnies on the commercials?

I remember the days when these things hit the store only at Easter time. Now, they're out pretty much right after New Years Day until Easter (and then for the post-Easter sales. Mmmm!!!). I had my first one of the season this past week. Scot knows how much I love them so he got me one and how could I say no? OMG was it good! That's not to say I haven't been eyeing them longingly whenever I see them at the store. Somehow I've not bought a single one myself yet. Other years, I would buy them anytime and sometimes I ate 2 or 3 in one sitting (disgusting or what?!) So yes, I am an easter creme egg nut but damn it, I'm fighting the cravings this year no matter what!

So as planned, Mariette and I went to the gym this week and even though she doesn't think so, she did great! I told her she'll catch up with me in no time because I can tell she is the type who puts on muscle easily. Best part is she had fun and is thinking of getting a membership. So maybe I'll having a training buddy some of the time. I don't mind working out by myself, but it's fun to have someone there sometimes too. That would give me a chance to try some of my exercises with heavier weights which I don't always do by myself if I don't have someone to spot me.

In other news, my friend Randy has been following Don Lemmon's Know How program for over a year now and he has achieved some amazing results. It's kind of funny because about a year ago, I ran into him at my old gym after not having seen him in years and he had just started up this program. I saw him as the months went on and it was really cool to see how well he was doing. Check out his website: http://www.thefatlosssecret.com/ It has his before and after pics and talks about the Know How Program. Actually, when he told me about this stuff last year, that's what inspired me to start lifting as heavy as I could and to move up in weight when 10 reps became too easy. And I have to say, I definitely noticed the muscle gain!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

4 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Blogger Lori said...

I'm not so sure about the cute bunnies...I think it's the CHOCOLATE!!! I would eat chocolate covered anything. YUM.

Lori

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Amy said...

thanks for the comment on my blog today. and for the link. Oh my goodness... Don Lemmon.. huh he is HOT!!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Okay, I reread your post. No not Don but your friend RANDY!!

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger kpottlitzer said...

i've never had a cadbury egg. can you believe that? i'm a sweet freak, but the creamy center always grossed me out. i think it's probably a good thing i've never tried one. you're freind's transformation is pretty impressive. i knew someone who had the don lemmon book and read a little, but it was about 5 years ago. i don't really remember all that much about the program.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home