Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I'm Very Proud!

Of my husband Scot, that is.

After two years of hard work, he and his business partner Ray have finished Baby Gizmo, a video series they developed for infants right through to school aged kids!



I should give you a bit of background about this. A few years back, Scot got laid off from the high tech company he worked for and was faced with the question of what to do next. Like most people would, he put out his resume everywhere and he got a few offers, but for jobs that he knew he would be unhappy doing. So instead, he and a former co-worker decided to form their own company. That decision came at a risky time because I was just starting my PhD program and could at best only take a part time job, which I did. I felt this was something I could do to help support his dream and I thought it was important that he worked at something he loved rather than hated. As with any new business, there were ups and downs along the way. He and Ray built this business from scratch and that involved a lot of research, time and sacrifice (on both of our parts). And as you can imagine, working pretty much only off a a part time salary when you have two kids is NOT easy! In fact, it has been anxiety provoking for me at times. BUT, seeing the end product of what they have worked so hard on has me excited and I can't wait to see how it will do. If you are interested in seeing a demo of what they have done, check out their website: www.baby-gizmo.ca

On the fitness side of things, I have been in training the last two days at work and was no where near my gym. However, I knew this going into the week, so I have been subbing my gym workouts with jogs at home. It's weird though 'cause it's like my body is craving to get back into the gym and lift some weights. In fact, I've kinda felt "blah" the last couple of days and I have a feeling it's because of not going to the gym. Can't wait to get back in tomorrow! We had catered lunches at these trainings and for the most part, I was good, though I did have a couple of little desserts (yummy!). There were surprisingly quite a lot of healthy choices which made it a bit easier. Weather wise, we have hit double digits these past few days which has made it easier to commit to jogging!

4 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Congrats to your husband. That's great.

Lori

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks girls! It really is an exciting time for us as we wait to see how Baby Gizmo will do.

T: Can't wait to hear about your hubby's great news once you are able to share! Getting his MBA will definitely open up lots of doors for him!

Kim: I think you are right that he and I are both lucky to have each other. There were many times I thought to myself that it would be easier if he got a "traditional" job but I believed in him enough to hang in there and I'm glad I did!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Amy said...

WOW, I checked out baby gizmo. That is so awesome!! Now I am excited as well to see how it picks up. Hope it does well for you guys. Very impressive!!!

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger kpottlitzer said...

that's so awesome about your hubby. i'm gonna check out the site in a second. i hope it's a big success for him. i'm hoping the blahs go away for all of us. it's rainy again today and that just doesn't motivate me. happy wednesday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home