Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Do You Remember?

Do you remember the days when something as simple as a caterpillar was fun and exciting? When we didn't need big screen tv's or events that cost an arm and a leg to keep us entertained? We found the first caterpillar of the year the other day and Emily just loved it! After it uncurled from being scared and started crawling, she started giggling and saying "Sssss" like she thought it was a snake! And she wanted to keep holding it. She absolutely loves any living creature. I swear she's going to be a vet one day!


Do you remember the days when exercise was not something tedious or something we had to work hard to schedule into our lives, but was something we just did without thinking twice about because it was FUN? Sometimes I think kids have it more right than we adults do. I'm so glad the nice weather has started up so I can spend more time with the kids outside!


I never did get into the gym last week after those two days of training at work, and boy did I miss it! I did get some cardio in by going for some jogs around my neighbourhood though. My friend Jen came by on Sunday and we went jogging together and she has asked if I would run a 10K with her at the end of May. I think I might go for it. Not that I have any illusions of winning, but my goal would be to get through by jogging the whole way without stopping to walk. I still have to fill out the registration form and part of me is procrastinating on doing it. I think it's because I've never run a marathon before so I'm still a little reluctant. I've heard it's quite a rush when you finish your first marathon and I would love to experience that feeling.

So, I made it back into the gym today (finally!) and had a great UBWO. Even though I got no weight training in last week, it didn't affect me today and I was able to lift as heavy as usual. Feels better to be back in the groove!

Off I go to read all of your blogs and then make supper for the family.....

3 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Adorable pictures. I remember those days. I grew up out in the country. We were always outside with something to do. Rarely in front of the tV.

Lori

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Thanks for stopping by and introducing yourself. I'm adding you to my read list specifically because you share my love of Cadbury Creme eggs enough to devote a post to them! Someday, I plan an "Ode to the Creme Egg." Two or three in one sitting is not disgusting, it's true devotion.

Great picture of your daughter and reminder of how it used to be...

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Good to know I'm not the only Creme Egg fan out there. I'm all for an "Ode to the Creme Egg"!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home