Sunday, April 09, 2006

I Did It!

I just officially signed up for that 10K run on May 27!!

I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Even though I'm not expecting to win it, this sort of thing brings out the competitive spirit in me and I want to run a good race. So, now is the time that I should start those daily outdoor morning runs I've been talking about doing. I will keep on with my HIIT training on the treadmill and my weights too, but I know adding the outdoor runs in will be better training for the run. I'm hoping my husband can make it out with the kids to take some before and after pics on the day of so I can post the proof for all of you to see! Now, I've also got to start thinking about what tunes to load onto my Ipod so I can be extra pumped during my run. Any recommendations?

Maybe this will kick start me back into a better eating pattern too. The past couple of days have admittedly not been great in that department. But hey, tomorrow is Monday so I'm starting fresh. New goal, new motivation and I'm gonna kick some ass!

5 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

"Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride" by Matthew Wilder.

Good luck! It sounds like fun and it's good to hear you so motivated.

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Mommy and Addie said...

Wow, a 10K! My goal is to sign up for a 5K! I like to begin all jogs (someday runs) with "Pump it" by the Black Eyed Peas. I know there are running playlists available. Maybe check i-tunes?

GOOD LUCK

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

"All for You" by Janet Jackson is a good one for running. Although I don't do much running, but for me, it works on the elliptical.

Congrats on signing up for the 10K!

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger kpottlitzer said...

that's awesome. i think that mixing the hiit with longer runs will really help you. i've found that my endurance has improved with the combination of interval training and steady state runs. i've got a whole lot of music on my ipod. it's an absolute neccesity for me. what kind of music do you like?

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks for the music suggestions. I will add them to my list and then when I hear them the day of the run, I will remember that you are all supporting me!

Coco: I like a little of everything, but my faves are rock and alternative

 

Post a Comment

<< Home