Sunday, April 16, 2006

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to all of you. I hope you have a wonderful day filled with family, fun, and maybe even a little bit of turkey and chocolate! Our Easter has started off a little rough. Last night, we went out for dinner and poker at my sister in law's house and later in the evening, Kyle got really sick. We thought maybe he was just overtired, but he has continued to be sick throughout the night and this morning. He's still sleeping and it's been a challenge to keep Emily out of the Easter eggs until he gets up. He would be so disappointed if he missed out on the egg hunt. We were going to go to church this morning but with two sleep deprived parents and one sick kid, I don't think so. We're also supposed to have Easter Brunch at my brother in law's place and then supper at my mom's, but we may end up having to split the two and have Scot and Emily go to one and then me and Emily to the other. So, not the best start to the day, but we'll make the best we can out of it. The most important thing is that Kyle gets better.

The upside of things is that I won $20 in poker last night (yeah!) and that I chopped one minute of time off of my 4K run yesterday and completed it in 25 minutes. Maybe the fact that it started raining towards the end gave me the extra push to hurry up :)

5 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Blogger Amy said...

sorry to hear you day started out rough. hope kyle is feeling better. great job on your run!!!!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger kpottlitzer said...

bummer about the start of your easter. i hope the day got better as it progressed. good job on the run! i did end up going to workout anc i'm glad i got it done. my test is in the physiology of sport and exercise. it'll get an interesting class, but there is a ton of info and the teacher is a really tricky tester. working on a prospectus is much more stressful! we'll get through one day!

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Found your blog by way of another's and thought I'd say hello and Happy Easter! The rain usually makes me kick it up a notch too! Saw your pics, you're really firming up, great job! Hope your day ended better than it started. :)

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I hope Kyle is feeling better. I hate it when my kids are sick during a holiday. Great job on the run. Looks like we're doing great on increasing our running times and mileage. I'm hoping to get some outside running in this week. I need to take a peek at the weather.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Sorry about Kyle. Hope he gets better soon! It's always worse when it happens during a holiday. I remember getting bronchitis one time around Christmas and it was no fun.

Congrats on the $20 and the 4K run!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home