Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Okay, here goes nothing.

Today (and this past week actually) I've been getting comments at work that I am looking slimmer. Some of my clothes have been fitting better, but the numbers on the scale have not really been changing so I've had a hard time really believing that my body is improving. I know, I know, the clothes fitting better should be my true test of change, but I can't seem to get past the dreaded "scale" syndrome. So, I decided to take some pics to see what's going on. I was pleasantly surprised to see that a little change has happened over the last month. It's not super drastic, but for one month, I think it's pretty good. So (gulp!) here are some before and after pics. The before pics are from March 2 and the after pics are from today. This is the first time I am posting full body shots, which I have to say is intimidating. But, this will help keep me accountable.


I'm still a work in progress (particularly in the legs. Ugh!) but at least I'm getting somewhere. I've learned that for me, running brings better results than any other cardio I have tried so far, so I'm going to keep on with that. Hmm... Do I really want to push "Publish Post" on this? I'm not sure, so I'll just do it before I think my way out of it...

8 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger kpottlitzer said...

great progress! i think you look leaner all over. the scale is bad. i also havent' been able to give it up. maybe we should have a challenge to see how long we can go without getting on the scale. it would be very hard for me. keep doing what you're doing, b/c it's working.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Hi Julie! Got here through other people's blog. Hope you don't mind. Just wanted to say you're making great progress! Keep on going!

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Great job, especially for only a month's time. Keep it up!

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

You are so brave! I doubt I'll ever be able to hit "publish post" on comparison photos.

You look great- you can especially see the progree in the side shots. That's got to be motivating. Keep on going!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Amy said...

great progress!! Keep up the good work. Are you taking measurements for yourself as well. I find that to be very motivating as well and a good way to track progress.

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Hey there, I've seen your comments on so many other blogs that I visit and decided to stop by, I hope that's alright. I never know if I should post or not. Glad you posted the pics. You should be proud of yourself.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Lori said...

I see a difference all over, legs, waist, stomach, arms, it's all good. You are doing a great job. Plus, for coworkers to say something positive, usually they are the first to try to make you feel bad. Good job.
Lori

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Julie said...

Thanks everyone! Your words make me feel better about having posted the pics.

Amy: I did get my measurements taken at the gym back in January, but I'm due to have them done again. I'll be particularly interested to the see if there is a difference in bf%

 

Post a Comment

<< Home