Sunday, August 06, 2006

Our Kid-Free Night!

For the first time in months, Scot and I got to have a night out without the kids!! Scot was asked to take pictures at his business partner's brother's wedding (did you follow that?!) and I was invited to come too. So Scot's parents took the kids to the cottage for a sleepover and they are coming back later this afternoon. We had a lot of fun and since Scot was the photographer, I have a couple of pics to share :)

Here was our table, minus Scot who was behind the camera (and yes, I didn't realize until too late that I forgot to take the napkin off my lap!):



And I was finally able to pry the camera away from Scot's hands at the end of the night so that someone could take a pic of us together:



We get to do it again in a couple of weeks since Scot is taking pictures at his cousin's wedding. My mom will be taking the kids for a sleepover that night. Imagine that, twice in one month! It was great to have a chance to sleep in this morning and just putter around for a bit. I was forgetting how it felt to do that.

Workout wise, I'm on a roll this weekend. Yesterday, I did a 15K bike ride and today an 11K ride. And these weren't leisurely "oh, look at the neighbour's beautiful lawn" rides, they were hard core sweatfests! I did a couple of similar rides during my week off too and more backyard pullups, so after last week's rant, baby I'm BACK and it feels damned good!

BTW, I'm loving keeping up with you all on the Blends Forum. Thank you Jess for giving us a great place to "chat"!

5 Comments:

At 11:28 AM, Blogger Donna said...

How nice to see you and your hubby together. Glad you had a nice, kid free night. You're getting some great workouts in there, good for you. I wish I rode, I probably would if I had someone to do it with, I'm a wimp, I don't want to go alone.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

It is nice to get a photo together! You look good, looks like a fun night.

The forum is so fun, I love it.

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Looks like a fun night! You look great!

I'm with Donna, I wish I rode too! I guess I just have to settle with the stationary bike, LOL.

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,
Just dropping a line to say I've finally had the chance to read your blog in over a month! Thanks again for the couches/furniture, it's still greatly appreciated :) If you go to mom's BBQ Sunday, we'll have a field trip to my place so I can show it off :P See you soon!
Christina

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Kids Free nights are the best. I'm glad that you guys had a good time.

Way to go on your bike rides.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home