Thursday, June 29, 2006

A little of this and a little of that

First off, I want to say thanks to those of you who responded to my last post for your encouragement and support. I decided to sit down with the current ED and let him know that I am thinking of applying for the position and I asked what the possibility was of doing it part time. He said he needed to talk to the board of directors about that, but he also needed to speak to them because one of the former candidates who had been offered the position had called back to say that her circumstances had changed and that she was interested again. Since this offer was made before this ED came on board, he wants to make sure there were no conditions put on the offer (i.e., that she had a certain number of months within which to make the decision, etc.) He did say though, that from her resume, the candidate looks good but not necessarily "ideal". So, he is supposed to let me know the outcome of his chat with the board. That's OK, since it gives me more time to think!

Well, the propectus defense is not going to happen in two weeks like I had hoped. My advisor sat down with the committee members and they still want some changes to be made. I worked my ass off on that thing and it's still not good enough!! I'm going to sit down with my advisor next week and find out exactly what this entails. I'm telling you, when I got that email, I started imaging what my life would be like if I just put school on hold for now, and it sounded GOOD!! And although I had one day where I seriously considered quitting, I'm back to my senses already and there's no way I'm giving up!

I got an awesome workout in today, the best I've had in two weeks! It was an UBWO along with 20 minutes of HIIT where I burned 311 calories! I think that run allowed me to let some steam out from the stress of this week, and damn it felt good! Over the past two weeks, I haven't been able to get in as many workouts as usual and I was starting to feel it. But now I'm back with a vengeance!

4 Comments:

At 8:17 PM, Blogger kpottlitzer said...

your prospectus situation reminds me of one of my good freinds. she had to keep revising, and revising. she never thought she would get through. i can't even imagine. i know i would be so stressed and such a bear to live with. good luck with it all! your hard work will pay off eventually.i

 
At 6:35 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Good luck with everything. Glad to hear your workout went well. Big Brother is starting soon. Who do you want back in the house?

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Amy said...

good luck with everything. keep up the awesome workouts. excellent stress reliever. Keep on giving it your all.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Great job on the HIIT, what a great way to relieve stress! I always feel so much better after a good sweat (it's just GETTING there that's the hard part!).

Oh, and a while back you asked about the Jack Daniels thing in my pic- it's a tin canister that came in a gift set with a bottle of JD. It's just sitting on that dresser full of coins!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home