Wednesday, May 10, 2006

My 25

I figured that it's my turn to share my list of 25:

1. My mother tongue is actually French, but when I was about 4, my family moved to a mainly English city and I "lost" some of my French. We moved again a couple of years later and luckily I got most of my French back.

2. I am the oldest of 4 kids in my family. I have two brothers and one sister

3. I only learned to swim when I was 18 years old. I still get nervous before jumping into deep water.

4. As a kid, I was chubby and used to get teased about it. The Summer between grades 9 and 10, I discovered aerobics and learned how to eat better and I slimmed down. When I started grade 10 in September, people noticed and that felt great.

5. In high school, I played on the volleyball, basketball, soccer, and badminton teams.

6. Something about the song "Imagine" by John Lennon touches me everytime I hear it.

7. My parents separated when I was 24 and pregnant with my son. I cried when I found out and I cried the first time I went to the house and saw that all of my dad's stuff was gone.

8. I failed my first driving test because I almost hit a pedestrian. Passed the second test with flying colours, though!

9. My dad lives about 20 minutes away from us, but we only see him 4 or 5 times a year.

10. When I graduated from high school, I won the Governor General's medal for having the highest average in my graduating class. I also won awards for having the highest averages in History, Finite Math, Biology, Law, and French Immersion.

11. I have to wear a night guard when I sleep because I grind my teeth.

12. I got my first car when I was 19. It was a white Pontiac Sunbird

13. I met my husband at a friend's housewarming party when I was 20 years old. We hit it off right away and the rest is history. I was 22 when we got married.

14. My favourite sports idol is Andre Agassi. I admire the fact that he is 36 years old and can keep up with most of the 20-something players.

15. I have a stamp collection (I know what you're thinking: GEEK!)

16. When I talk, I use my hands and arms alot. Maybe it's the French in me!

17. I can't stand it when I'm trying to sleep and there is a mosquito buzzing in my ear. When it happens, I have to get up, turn on the light and find and kill the damned sucker before I can sleep again.

18. When I used to work at Wendy's, I was on shift one night when we were held-up at gunpoint. It was scary as hell.

19. I was the matron of honour in my friend's wedding 12 days before my son was born. The wedding guests were betting on whether or not I would make it through the day.

20. Sometimes when my kids are sleeping, I just stare in awe and thank God for the blessing of having them in my life.

21. No matter how many times I've tried it, I just cannot grow to like coffee. However, I LOVE tea.

22. The best concerts I've been to are Aerosmith (twice), Van Halen, Smashing Pumpkins, and The Tragically Hip. I would love to see AC/DC or Pearl Jam in concert one day.

23. I have a beautiful little goddaughter named Katie.

24. I once ran out of gas on the highway at 2:30am when I was 20 years old. I had just finished driving my friends back from a night at the bars and one of my friends convinced me not to worry because a light would go on when the gas was REALLY low. Well, he was wrong. My choices were to walk several kilometres to the gas station when it was pitch black or to hitch hike to get there. I hitchhiked and called my roommate so that I could bring the gas back to my car.

25. When I went biking a couple of Summers ago, a wasp flew down my shirt and bit me twice. DAMN that hurt!

So that's me in a nutshell. Thanks for reading!

3 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Nice list, glad you had time to post that. It's so interesting to read about everyone.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Great list.
I, too, love to watch my son sleep.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I'm glad you posted your list. I've really enjoyed learning all these things about everyone.

I wear a nightguard, too! Not that that's cool... but I wish I could figure out why I started grinding.


Andre Agassi is amazing. I love to watch him play tennis.

And I'm the same way with coffee. I love how it smells, but that taste! Yuck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home