Thursday, April 20, 2006

Huh?

Okay, being the reality tv addict that I am, I have to ask how the hell Chris (and Paris, actually) ended up in the bottom 3 of American Idol last night? They had two of the best performances of the show! Chris and Taylor are actually my two faves right now, but I have a feeling the top two are going to end up being Chris and Catherine. She's great too, so if I'm right, that wouldn't be too bad. And for you Amazing Race fans out there, you gotta love the hippies!! Or at least, I do. Thank goodness it was a non-elimination round last night. America's Next Top Model is my other Wednesday night tv pick so I got in a really good reality tv fix!

Yesterday I spent half of the day moving into my new digs at work. Now that those who were laid off are gone, several offices at our administration building opened up, so we clinicians were invited to move in which is great because it means I'm closer to the kids' files which I often need to refer to for info. Also, this building has working heat and air conditioning while at the other building, you never knew on a given day whether you would show up to a freezing cold or stifling hot office! Also, I now have a computer that has the internet!!!! Seems like a trivial thing, but our agency was seriously in the dark ages until recently and my old office had no internet access. All good stuff.

Even though I was busy moving, I managed to get in a great UBWO and 20 minute HIIT run. It was time to renew my membership yesterday and the guy at the gym said I could save some money by paying on a monthly basis. I guess you give them permission to debit your bank account or credit card monthly and that keeps going until you give them 30 days written notice that you no longer want your membership. Do any of you do your gym memberships this way? For me, I didn't like that idea, so I just renewed for a straight 3 months. It almost seems like having to give 30 days notice means that they would get a free month out of me somehow. Maybe it's just me, but I stuck with what I know.

Happy Thursday Everyone!

6 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger Donna said...

OK, so I'm a reality TV junkie too. I watch all the shows you mentioned. And, I DO love the hippies. Thank god it was a non-elimination round.

My gym takes my monthly dues right from my checking account, and it works out fine. I don't plan on leaving there anytime soon, so I'm not too worried about the 30 notice. I've been there for 7 years and it's worked out great.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Most of the gyms I've gone to took the $$ directly from my acct on a monthly basis and it seemed to work out ok, but I was never good about getting that 30day notice in on time so I swear they ALWAYS got the extra month outta me. Darnit. But I've moved around a lot too, so if you don't plan to, it may be a good option for you.
Yeah...I'm just baffled as to why Chris was in the bottom 2, whoa. Sorry, I'm not a big fan of Taylor. I think he's good but coming down this tight in the competition, I think some of the others are better. I was glad to see Ace go though. I would definitely pick Chris and Katherine for the final two.

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Hi. My name is Cheri and I'm a reality TV junkie, too. I've even gone to TARcon for TAR. Don't know what that is? Then you aren't a junkie! You're just a wannabe.

I like Taylor, but I'm to the point where I don't think he should win. I voted for Kat and Chris this week. They each got votes from me during my minute rests between my UBWO sets.

I hate the gym. They don't let me pick which TV show I want to watch!

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger kpottlitzer said...

i have my gym dues taken out of my bank account monthly. i never want to sign a gym contract again. i totally got burned on that one time. 3 months at a time is differnt though. i've been at the same gym for so long, but i like that i can just end the membership at any time. i love america's next top model, but i havne't had a chance to watch recently. speaking of time, i need to get back to the books!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Mommy and Addie said...

My gym used to debit my account... it was OK, until I wantedto switch gyms. I had to send a letter 60 days in advance of my renewal date.... hard to remember!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Ok, so the monthly debit thing is more popular than I thought. Funny because the two gyms I went to before never offered that option. Maybe I'll give it a try next time I'm due to renew. Thanks for your input everyone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home