Thursday, May 18, 2006

Happy Birthday!

To my sister Christina who is 22 today. I hope you had a great day. You're probably out to dinner with M. as I write this, so have fun!

Here is a picture of Christina and I together from when we did the family birthday celebration this past weekend.



So you remember on my list of 25 things how I hate mosquitos buzzing in my ears at night? Well at about 2:30 this morning, I woke up hearing the buzz and I jumped out of bed right away and turned on the light on my nightstand. I found the mosquito on the wall and tried to smash it, but it flew away on me. Poor Scot woke up and decided to move to the couch since he knows this routine all too well. Well, I just couldn't find the darned thing so I actually put some bug spray on near my ears and went back to bed. The same thing happened again at around 5:30. Aaaaargh! I know it's ridicules to let such a tiny creature control me like that, but it just bugs the heck out of me. We have a lots of trees around our place and so we get tons of mosquitos every year around this time. It should taper off a little in about a month (I hope).

I had a great workout today. I tried a 45-minute total body resistance class with a coworker and it was pretty good. After that, I did two sets of pull-ups, 8 at 30lbs assistance and 5 at 35lbs assistance. My arms were already tired from the class, so I couldn't get quite as many pull-ups in as when I am fresh. Then, I finished off with a 12-minute treadmill run. Eating was also pretty good overall, so yay me!

To end off, all I can say is YAY HIPPEES from last night's AR!! And YAY for Taylor for making it to the AI finals!! A great night of reality tv let me tell ya.

5 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Donna said...

What are we going to do with all these shows wrapping up??? Do you watch Big Brother? That show is coming back, this time it's an all star one.

I heard on the news today that the mosquitoes are going to be really bad this year because of all the rain we've had. Funny, because until about a week and a half ago, we had brush fire warnings and hadn't gotten any rain for sometime.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Totally cute picture with your sister.
TAR was an exciting finish. I loved the flag roadblock at the end. Of my favorites ever!

I completely understand about the buzzing. Good tip about the bug spray on your ears. Except I guess it didn't really work...

 
At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the birthday wish! I had a great day and a great supper that day too... haven't gotten around to checking your blog until now.
I think that's hilarious about Scot just getting up and going to the couch. I can totally see him doing that :)
See you soon!
Christina

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Oh I hate mosquitos! I swear I'm made of sugar b/c they really eat me up. My parents live by a river so they're just vicious here. They can walk around fine but I will get eaten alive by those suckers.

Cute pic with your sis! And great job with the workout and eating! Go Julie! :)

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger kpottlitzer said...

your sister looks so young! mosquitos are bad, but what gets me are roaches! arrgh, one night i woke up to a giant roach crawling across my stomach. it still disturbs me. good job on the workout!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home