Saturday, May 13, 2006

Two Weeks to go

Until the big 10K run, that is. Yep, 2 weeks from now I will officially be done my race. I'm getting pumped just thinking about it. This week, I managed to cut another minute off of my 4K run, so I finished it in 24 minutes. If I can keep that pace during the 10K, I should finish it in about one hour. I was talking to a friend who ran the race last year and she told me there are pace bunnies who run as well, so I will just have to keep up with whoever the 60 minute bunny is. Believe it or not, I have not actually practiced a full 10K nor do I plan on doing so before the race. Maybe that's foolish of me, but I think my 4K runs around the block coupled with my HIIT training will be enough. I think the adrenaline and competitive spirit will keep me going even if it gets tough.

Last night, me, my sister in law and one of our friends got together for a little girls' night. We went to my friend's house (who is 8 months pregnant) and just sat around and talked and ate munchies. It sounds so simple and maybe boring to some, but it was so much fun. It made me remember how important it is to take a little "girl" time to relax and have a few laughs. I've been so caught up in day to day busy-ness lately that I've barely had time to return phone calls let alone get together with my friends. I think it was just what I needed.

I'm sooooo glad we had Kyle vaccinated against the chicken pox in March. Just this week, he came home with a letter saying that the pox are going around in both kindergarten classes. Given that he just had the flu over Easter, it would have sucked if he got chicken pox too. It's only within the past couple of years that the chicken pox vaccine became part of the routine vaccinations for all children in Ontario which is why Kyle did not get it when he was younger. At that time it would have cost us something like $100 for him to have it. So we waited and he got it in time. No harm, no foul, no chicken pox!

I received an early Mother's Day gift today. A box of one dozen red roses from the kids was delivered to our house this afternoon and they are beautiful. I love getting flowers and it has been awhile, so I was so happy! I know Kyle did a Mother's Day craft at school on Friday, so I'll have to post tomorrow and let you all know what it is. This is a busy weekend for us even without taking Mother's Day into account. Tonight, we celebrated my nephew's b-day and tomorrow night, we are celebrating my sister's b-day. So, yep, you guessed it. This is pretty much a cheat weekend. I'll get back on track on Monday :)

3 Comments:

At 4:29 PM, Blogger FV Tom said...

Happy Mother's Day!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I'm sure the 10k will be great. Sometimes I think a goal for a race would keep me more focused.

Sounds like your mother's day was good!

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Hope you had a great weekend!
You are going to do so awesome on that 10K run. Such an inspiration!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home