Monday, September 18, 2006

Day 1

After a month of so-so workouts and terrible eating, I have finally bit the bullet and decided that today is my start over day. I think it was the stress of school combined with being on holidays that made me stray from the game plan, but those aren't good excuses, and now I'm ready to give it my all again. I have actually gone into my agenda and penciled in when I will workout so that I make sure not to book anything else. This is something I haven't tried before and I think it will help.

So far, today has looked like this eating-wise (I also drank lots of water):

M1: oatmeal with raisins and skim milk, 5 egg whites
M2: turkey sandwich on whole wheat with 1 tsp Miracle Whip and lettuce, 1 cup skim milk, 1 peach
M3: 1/2 can tuna, 1 green pepper, 1 plum
M4: chicken breast, 1 cup w.w. rice, green beans
M5: TBD

I got in a great UBWO along with 20 minutes of interval running on the treadmill.

If Cherie and Coco will still have me, I'm in for that thigh challenge! If I'm too late, I will still work on it for myself anyways.

As many of you read on the Forum, I successfully defended my PhD prospectus last Wed.! That was such a huge relief since I'd been working on it for so many months. I feel that finishing that was one of the big motivators that has gotten me back on track with fitness. Thanks so much to all of you who sent good vibes and words of encouragement my way as I was fretting about my defense!!

So all in all, Day 1 has been a success! Yay me!

6 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Yay you! On the defense (no rewrite? That's fantastic!)and a good Day One!

Of course we'll have you. Just send me your email for the daily reports. Some days we're better than others....

Mine's on my profile. Or on the blends forum profile. Hmmm, I can probably find yours there . . .

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Julie, on your prospectus defense! I knew you could do it :) Keep up with the hard work... including your day 1! I'm actually on my own day 3 of getting back to better eating and so far it's paying off. I'll give you a call soon for supper.

Christina

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Congratulations!!! What a relief huh?

Lori

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Congratulations! That is fabulous news about your prospectus!!!!!!!!!!!

Great job on Day One!

 
At 1:39 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Good for you about the prospectus!...phew now I know why I didn't go back to do more school..it sounds sooo hard now & I too old for that! Yay for you tho!
As to getting back to things ME TOO lets GO girl!

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Congrats on your defense!!!

Hope all is going well for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home