Friday, September 01, 2006

I guess it's about time....

That I update, that is. I think this is the longest I have gone without posting anything new. I've been enjoying the last two weeks being on holidays from work and spending some time with the kiddos. Call it the August calm before the September storm because Sept. is gonna be a busy month! I was talking to one of my coworkers today and she was filling me in on what I've been missing at work, and things are going to be busy when I get back next week. Me and one of the other clinicians have been waiting to get desks for the past month and a half since the agency moved, and I found out we STILL don't have any! Everyone else got one except us since ours are apparently on back order. This is getting crazy and it makes it really hard to be productive when I have to search for things in boxes. Geez, I'm not even back yet and I'm already stressed out about it! One thing I'm looking forward to about going back is going to the gym. I've been running and biking while on holidays, but I can't wait to get back into my usual routine.

September is also going to be busy school wise. My prospectus defense is set for Sept. 13 (gulp!) and I did a practice talk today which went well. I'm nervous, but I also can't wait for it to finally be done! Send some good vibes my way, okay? I also restart my TA duties (teaching assistant) this month.

Kyle started school again this past Wednesday and he had a great day. Since he is in kindergarten and they do a staggered starting, he doesn't go back again until next Wed. and then finally goes full time as of Sept. 11. Boy the Summer went by quickly!

Those of you who are part of the Blends Forum know that I've been enjoying watching Andre Agassi play in his final professional match at the US Open before he retires. He's had two awesome games so far and I've been staying up super late just to watch. I don't want to miss a moment since I'll never get to watch him play again :( Plus, I don't want to miss his parting words whenever he's done, which I hope won't be until the very end! You can bet I'll do a tribute post to him when the retirement is official.

I'm looking forward to catching up with all of your blogs. Things have been so busy lately that it seems like I've only been able to read one or two at a time. Hope you all have a great long weekend!

2 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

I hear ya on being so busy that bloggin...welll is Last on the list! & good luck with Kyle in Kindergarten! LOTS of fun now! We're back in tomorrow AM gr3 & gr6! akkkk! ~lol~

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Only a week! Sending good vibes for the defense this week. Let us know how it all goes :)

I watched Andre, too. He played so well, I so happy to see him go out with class and style. I loved all the replays of his great shots and wins over the years. He's my favorite, too, ever since I lived in Vegas.

It was kind of funny, though, because I just waw the movie Wimbledon this past week and it really made me want Andre to have that ending.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home