Wednesday, October 11, 2006

8 Years and Counting!

Geez, has it really been almost a month since I updated? Time has been really getting away on me lately.

Yesterday, Scot and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary. That's two years short of a decade! Crazy, eh? To celebrate, we had some champagne after the kids went to bed and just spent time together. In a couple of weeks, we will be going to Toronto for a few days for a show that Scot will be presenting at and we're going without the kids, so that will kind of be our anniversary getaway. We also had a chance to reminisce (is that spelled right??) this past weekend since we had a 5 hour drive up to the city where my uncle's funeral took place. We talked about everything from songs we remembered from our dating days to what we hope our future will be like 10 years from now. It was one of the best conversations we've had in a long time. Here are a couple of our wedding pics:






About my uncle, we found out a few months ago that he was in the hospital for complications related to his diabetes. He had part of a leg and some fingers amputated, and his kidneys were starting to fail. He passed away last Wednesday. Apparently, he should have been on insulin a long time ago but for some reason never started it. I wasn't very close to this uncle, but it was still really sad to find out what happened. Both of my grandparents also passed away from diabetes-related conditions, so I know that's a major risk factor in my family.

Which brings me to my fitness goals. In my last post, I wrote about my new beginning and since then, I've had many great days, but admittedly a few days that have been less than stellar. I was able to buy some size 6 pants yesterday, though, so I know I'm not doing too badly! I just need to take it day by day and not get too discouraged when I mess up.

4 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Donna said...

Nice to hear from you. Sorry about your uncle. Congrats on the anniversary, we just had #13 on Sept. 25th. Hard to believe. I'm with you on trying not to get too discouraged when we mess up. It's going to happen. I'm just taking it day by day right now.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger KatieFeldmom said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!
Sorry about your uncle.
Donna's right - one day at a time.
You can do it!!!!!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Great to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your uncle. Diabetes runs in my family as well. I was just thinking about this fact earlier today.

Hope all is going well for you.

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger chantal2bfit said...

Happy Anniversary! And congrats on the size 6 pants! I'm with you, messing up here and there, taking it day by day. We just have to do the best we can and celebrate the small achievements.

So sorry about your uncle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home